Friday, January 23, 2009

Day 23 "Tank"




K and I decided today was fish day. This is the start of my salt water tank, it's 55 gallons. It seems to be coming along. It'll get more interesting as I progress. And more colorful. Right now we caught all the fish and shrimp and crabs in the tank except for the big stripped one. There is also a fluffy black starfish hiding in the rocks, and a big crab about 3 inches wide that keeps knocking things over and breaking them. I have three banded shrimps, some pretty orange fish, which spend most of the time hiding behind the rocks, and a bunch of small little silver fishes. I do have one ity bity tiny silver and black stripped fish, he's my baby. I'll get more colorful fish once the tank is established and I really know what I am doing...ahahahah. Maybe I'll try and get some blue damsels again tomorrow. Hopefully they will survive now.

8 comments:

  1. It would be cool to have a fish tank like this. They're very soothing to watch. Would I be correct in guessing that you and Kreative live near each other and that you actually know each other in person? Or have you just been amailing each other with ideas? A very nice soothing shot for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like fish tanks and you have taken a great shot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very serene looking...this photo would make a beautiful computer wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty fishes... you went for the whole sha bang and i did a little bit hehe very nice shot ree!! Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andromeda, K and I know each other from Worth. We do not live anywhere near each other. It would be so cool if we did though. We have become great friends and talk on the internet almost every day. It's so fun having someone to work with and bounce ideas off of for this challenge. Except of course that silly nail polish idea. I wonder who's bright idea that was. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very nice shot, and I can see that you have made a good start on your fish tank. My mum used to have one when we were kids, but a lot of the fish died and the only ones that survived well were the Neon tetras, which are so little, but so colourful and pretty. She had heaps of them in the end. I love the blue colour of the water. My favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty aquarium and a great capture of it, too! The fish seem to be posing for you and you've got some lovely corals. I love the deep blue of the water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool shot, I particularly like the way it's framed by the black borders at the top and bottom, which accentuates the width of the picture. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete